Sale of Registers of Electors
Hard copies of the registers of Electors and electronically recorded ones on CD Roms can be purchased by political parties on application to the Electoral Commissioner.
Note : the registers of electors are published exclusively for electoral purposes
Providing Facilities to Voting
The Electoral Commissioner’s Office is responsible for the organisation of National Assembly, Rodrigues Regional Assembly, Municipal Council and Village Council elections in the country and as such provides voting booths and other facilities at all polling stations in order to enable electors to exercise their civic rights on Poll Day.
Voting by Proxy
Persons Entitled to Vote by Proxy
The electoral laws and regulations of Mauritius make provision for voting by proxy for the following categories of electors:
- any member of the Police or any election officer engaged in the performance of duties on election day;
- any service elector or any elector, other than a service elector who is serving as Ambassador, High Commissioner, or other principal representative of Mauritius abroad, or a member of the household; or a public officer performing duties on behalf of the Government of Mauritius;
- any candidate duly nominated for election;
- any public officer who is an elector in Rodrigues and who is serving in the Island of Mauritius;
- any public officer who is an elector in any Constituency in the Island of Mauritius and who is serving in Rodrigues.